Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Databases for Image Searching in the Library
For instructions on how to image search, view the instructions box to the right:
Databases to consider for image searching in the library are:
You may also conduct a short keyword search in a database and look for Images in the Content to the right of the results. Here are some databases, which may best utilize this feature:
*Please note that the library does not possess an image database. The databases suggested above simply house some images within them.
Image Searching in the Library
In the America: History and Life with Full Text and the Academic Search Ultimate databases, you can tailor your search specifically for images.
- Select Databases on the library homepage
- Navigate to either America: History and Life with Full Text or Academic Search Ultimate in the list
- Inside the database in the blue bar at the top, click "More", which should present a dropdown menu.
- From that menu select "Images".
- In the new search screen that comes up, search for images by using keywords.
- Be sure to search for phrases in quotation marks, such as: "great depression"
Note: If you select an image to view, there is additional information including the permissions.